- 1 cup (80 g) shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup (20 g) oat flour (grind rolled oats in a food processor or high-speed blender)
- ¼ cup (60 g) coconut butter
- ¼ cup (60 g) almond butter
- ¼ cup (60 ml) maple syrup or honey
- ¼ tsp sea salt or more to taste
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate (80% cacao or higher) chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- Lightly grease a 9×5-inch (23×13-cm) loaf pan with cooking spray or coconut oil and set aside.
- To make the base layer, mix together the shredded coconut and oat flour in a bowl. Set aside.
- Over low heat in a small saucepan, heat the coconut butter, almond butter and maple syrup until smooth. Add the vanilla and salt, and remove from the heat.
- Slowly stir the saucepan ingredients into your coconut / flour mixture bowl, working it until it forms a ball. Place the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and spread evenly. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- To make the topping, melt the chocolate, coconut butter and maple syrup in a small pan on the stove on low heat. When it’s melted and smooth, spread it evenly over the base layer.
- Let cool, and when it’s set, cut into 8 equal portions. DELICIOUS!
If you can’t find coconut butter, you can easily substitute extra almond butter or use your favorite nut butter. It just won’t have as much coconut flavor.
Publisher of Great Living Today, your one-stop source for greater living featuring tips, techniques, and programs in the areas of health & wellness, wealth, time management, business, love, relationships, and happiness. Marty is a life, business, and wellness coach helping his clients to live their best lives.