One of the most important things you can do each day when you want to boost your mood naturally is to get better sleep. And I’m not just talking about how many hours you sleep, though that is definitely important.
You want to focus on proper sleep hygiene, which is simply the nighttime routine you have before you go to sleep.
Here are some things you can add to your sleep routine that will help you get more restful sleep, and balance your mood at the same time:
- Start getting ready for bed 1-2 hours before you intend to fall asleep.
- Don’t use any electronics or keep the TV on when you are getting ready for sleep.
- Try to avoid stimulants like caffeine or alcohol shortly before sleep.
- Set up your bedroom to provide a restful night’s sleep, including a cool and quiet environment.
- Get blackout curtains to keep it as dark as possible in your bedroom.
- Participate in quiet and calm activities before bed, such as reading or writing in your journal.
- Have sex. Nothing boosts your mood like a good “roll in the hay.”
With these few changes, you’ll notice that you tend to fall asleep a little easier, and you don’t wake up exhausted and cranky.
Publisher of Great Living Today, your one-stop source for greater living featuring tips, techniques, and programs in the areas of health & wellness, wealth, time management, business, love, relationships, and happiness. Marty is a life, business, and wellness coach helping his clients to live their best lives.