- 1 cup (85 g) organic, gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup (60 g) carrot, finely grated
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) non-dairy milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- ¼ cup (30 g) walnuts or pecans
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 mason jars or other serving container. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When it’s time to eat, stir in the optional protein powder and additional milk if it’s too thick. Top with nuts for added taste. Enjoy!
Note: To kick up the protein content in this, try stirring in some of your favorite protein powder. Some brands to try include Sun Warrior, Garden of Life and OWYN. (Make your own recommendation here if you have one!).
Publisher of Great Living Today, your one-stop source for greater living featuring tips, techniques, and programs in the areas of health & wellness, wealth, time management, business, love, relationships, and happiness. Marty is a life, business, and wellness coach helping his clients to live their best lives.