Beef “Rice” Bowl
If you’re a meat eater, this beef “rice” bowl will make your tummy — and your taste buds — very happy!
Definitely consider doubling up on this recipe and freezing some for later. You’ll love adding it to scrambled eggs in the morning, or for tacos, or just having it on-hand for nights you don’t feel like cooking.
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan rock salt
- 1 cup (50 g) chopped cilantro
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 1 lb (450 g) grass-fed ground beef
- 1 cup (80 g) shredded unsweetened coconut meat
- 1 head cauliflower, shredded or riced
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat butter (or oil) over medium heat, add onion and cook until soft. Add beef and brown. Add chili powder, salt, and cumin and stir. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, melt coconut oil and add shredded coconut and riced cauliflower.
Cook over medium heat until “rice” is tender, about 2 minutes. Add to individual bowls and top with beef mixture.
- Top bowl with tomato, avocados and cilantro. Enjoy!
Publisher of Great Living Today, your one-stop source for greater living featuring tips, techniques, and programs in the areas of health & wellness, wealth, time management, business, love, relationships, and happiness. Marty is a life, business, and wellness coach helping his clients to live their best lives.