If you’re used to eating quick oats, this will convert you forever to “real” steel-cut oats, which are hearty, nutty and delicious!
Look for organic, gluten-free steel-cut oats if possible.
You’ll wake up looking forward to breakfast!
Tip: Use unsweetened canned coconut milk. Be sure to shake up the can so that when you open it, the fatty cream that rises to the top has fully incorporated with the liquid beneath it.
If it hasn’t, stir it well so that you end up with a smooth, creamy liquid.
- 1 cup (160 g) steel-cut oats
- 1 cup (120 g) dried cranberries
- 1 cup dried figs (160 g), chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) water
- ½ cup (125 ml) unsweetened coconut milk (from can, not carton)
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 9 hours.
- In the morning, give it a good stir before spooning into 4 bowls. This also will keep well in the refrigerator for a few days.
Publisher of Great Living Today, your one-stop source for greater living featuring tips, techniques, and programs in the areas of health & wellness, wealth, time management, business, love, relationships, and happiness. Marty is a life, business, and wellness coach helping his clients to live their best lives.