Pineapple-Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
- Total Time: 36 minute
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 t. ground cumin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ c. fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 large avocados
- 1 c. fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 T. fresh pineapple juice
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 T. fresh cilantro, stems removed and chopped
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and add to the hot skillet. Add ground cumin and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Cook shrimp for approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and add 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. Stir to combine and transfer to a small bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise. Remove pit and score the flesh in evenly spaced rows lengthwise and crosswise to create equal-sized chunks. Carefully scoop avocado chunks out of shell and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to prevent browning. Reserve avocado shells and set aside.
- Add avocado, pineapple, pineapple juice, red onion, and cilantro to a large non-reactive bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Remove chilled shrimp from the refrigerator and chop into equal-size chunks. Fold shrimp into avocado-pineapple mixture. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Spoon shrimp mixture into reserved avocado shells and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2-3 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Sauté
- Serving Size: 1/2 Avocado
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 29.1
- Sodium: 671.4
- Fat: 20.7
- Carbohydrates: 42.4
- Fiber: 9.2
- Protein: 15
- Cholesterol: 91.2
Keywords: pineapple, avocado, shrimp, side dish
Publisher of Great Living Today, your one-stop source for greater living featuring tips, techniques, and programs in the areas of health & wellness, wealth, time management, business, love, relationships, and happiness. Marty is a life, business, and wellness coach helping his clients to live their best lives.